Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Perseopolis

When watching the videos on Perseopolis I noticed right away that they had simliaraties to other cultures we haved studied. They had huge bulls on the columns decorating the entrance. These looked like the style of the Ancient Near East and also they even had the man bird bull creature on the walls. The one thing different was the texture ofthe beards were more like round dots. I thought it was cool that this culture viewed equality of the nations of the Persian Empire as important. They showed a procession wall relief of people representing different parts of the area offering gifts to the king. The offerings were said to be out of respect for the king but to me it seemed like just gifts so the king will leave their region alone. Also they did not really show any thing about women playing any roles of importance. I wonder why they cared about equality enough to create the wall relief and yet they do not show any thing of women. They said all that marble once was black. I didnt see the originals but so the marble is white and they just paint it black? for some reason I was thinking there was such a thing as black marble as a resource, but if its paint then I understand that it was just faded away with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment