Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chartes Cathedral

The church is in a shape of a cross which is eyecatching. In the video when they mentioned Mary's blue tunic they said it was Chartes blue. I wonder what came first the name of that specific color and the church was named from this specific piece or the stainglass was just named after it being in the Chartes Cathedral? I noticed the main colors were the primary red,blue, and yellow, which is like several ancient cultures we have looked at; like Egypt and the Ancient near East. The stainglass were arranged in a flower shape to me, which is like in the Vezely Church I saw in the video some chandelier or decoration with the same flower shape, or something close to it. I think its cool that people in the current time can still touch the stainglass, by restoring it and being apart of it; so many years and its still being worked on to match how it was originally made.

No comments:

Post a Comment