Monday, September 10, 2012

Egyptian videos

It was fascinating that Pharaoh Tutankhamen was so well hidden with in many walls,doors, and coffins like a russian nesting doll. In the mummification process video the mummy they discussed had a bird mummified and wrapped with him. I wonder if that bird was a pet or had something to do with the man's status or personality or if like they said it might have just been a mere symbol to aid him  in the afterlife. I think I would want to learn more about the significance animals played in the Egyptian culture. When the egyptians mummified the dead I thought it was odd that they would want them to be dried out even though they kept the organs and believed they would come back to life. but I understand that they probably wanted the flesh not to rot and decompose on the wrappings.
I found an interesting website talking of the animal/ animal gods of Egypt.http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/animalgods.htm 

No comments:

Post a Comment